When dreaming of ways to remodel your home, the sky’s the limit. Home improvement projects are a great way to express creativity and individuality, as well as improve the functionality and visual appeal of our home–and of course, increase home value. But if you’re planning to sell your home within the next few years, it’s best to choose projects that will maximize the sale price of the home.
Some home remodeling projects pay off more than others when it comes to increasing the overall value of the home. Your home is one of your biggest investments, and therefore, you’ll want to recoup as many dollars you can out of the total amount you put into its upkeep. As a homeowner, you’ll want to get the most “bang for your buck,” which is why it’s best to weigh the costs versus the benefits of any home improvement project.
Luckily, Remodeling Magazine has been tracking the value of home improvement and remodeling projects since 2002, and 2016 data is already available. Remodeling Magazine found that home improvement returns are up from 2015, and at their second-highest return nationwide since 2008. It also found that many of the highest returns were on projects that are low-maintenance and relatively low cost.
Here are a few of the projects that recouped the highest amount of their cost:
- Kitchen remodeling: enhances the “heart” of the home, improves functionality and ease
- Siding replacement: enhances the overall look and perception of home quality
- Garage door replacement: improves curb appeal and look of the home
- Window replacement: improves curb appeal, look of home, security, and energy efficiency
- Front door replacement: improves curb appeal, look of home, security, and energy efficiency
- Energy efficient upgrades and attic insulation: lowers energy bills, recouping even more dollars on top of the overall increased appeal of the home
For over 20 years, Kelley Construction Contractors in Central Illinois has been providing top-quality construction and exceptional customer service at affordable prices. With offices in Pekin, Peoria, and Bloomington, we are one of the largest family-owned commercial and home improvement companies in the area. Visit our website today to learn about “the Kelley Difference,” read our customers’ testimonials, and find out about the wide range of projects we do–or call (309) 346-6604!