Protect Your Roof With These Tips From The Roofing Services Experts
We invest a lot of money, time, and care into keeping our homes in Peoria safe. We install locks on doors and windows, add security lights, cameras, and even video doorbells, all to make sure that the things we love and value are safe and protected. There is an area of our home that provides safety from the elements every day that often gets overlooked – the roof. The roof is your home’s first line of defense against the elements, and it literally covers and protects your entire house and those inside it. Because of the harsh conditions it is exposed to, it is so important to keep your roof in the best shape possible through roofing services so that it can continue to protect your home.
Roofing Services In Peoria
From our roofing service experts, here are some things you can do to ensure your roof is able to adequately protect your home:
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean. Gutters can fill will leaves and debris causing clogs. If gutters get clogged, water will begin to pool and overflow down the side of your home damaging siding and foundations. You should clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid any blockages. Check your downspouts regularly and be sure that they are directing water 5-10 feet away from your home. Be sure that water can flow through them and that there are no blockages.
- Inspect your roof. Your roof is exposed to all the elements outside and is your home’s first line of defense from these elements. You should be sure that your roofing material is not weakened or damaged. Look for loose shingles, cracks, or damaged areas, and get them fixed as soon as possible. Perform routine maintenance on your roof, and if you are unable to safely examine or repair your roof, call in a professional to have it checked for you.
- Maintain trees and vegetation around your home. Trees that have branches that hang over or near your roof can pose potential threats to the structural integrity of your roof During heavy rain and wind storms, these branches can break off and damage your roof. You should keep your roofline clean and clear from potential tree branches and other vegetation that may be growing too close to it.
- Keep your roof clean. Professional soft-wash roof cleaning services safely and thoroughly clean away moss, mold, algae, and any other substances that build up on your roof and avoid high pressure or abrasive cleaning methods that can actually end up damaging your roof. Not only does this improve your roof’s appearance, but it also greatly extends the life of your roof and prevents deterioration and breakdown from occurring. Since roof cleaning can be a risky task, it is important to leave it to the professionals.
- Call Kelley Construction for any roofing services you may need. If you notice damaged areas on your roof, we are here to help. Kelley Construction provides roofing services in Peoria to keep your home safe and protected from the elements.